Eating in front of your crush can seem very nerve-racking and embarrassing because you never know what he’ll say or think about the way you eat.
- Realize its not a big deal. Many guys like it when a girl eats their meal because it makes them feel less awkward about eating. If you are going on a dinner date it is essential to eat, since no one likes to feel like they are being stared at as they chew their food. It is a fact of life that everyone must eat, so no one should feel afraid to do so. (I fear many things. Food is not one of them).
- Chew with your mouth closed. Although you should feel free to eat, no one else wants to see your chewed up food, including your crush. (This applies to everyone eating in public. Ever. And “public” includes my house).
- Eat carefully and slowly. It is not a race to see who can finish their food in four minutes. Converse and laugh, and remember to enjoy your food AND your crush’s company. (Someone should note the speed eating comment to my husband).
- Wait until you’ve swallowed your food before talking unless it is very important. (Please refer back to #2)
- Just pretend he or she is not there or that you’re not really eating. Forget any worries you had and focus on having a good time with your crush and enjoying your food. (Yes, this is helpful. When dating, pretend the other person on the date is not there).
- Know that your crush should want you to eat, if he makes fun of your eating, he’s not worth even having a crush on in the first place. (This is a big turnoff for me. I could never be with a guy who I couldn’t eat in front of. I’d be hungry, and I get bitchy when I’m hungry).
- Remember that eating is not a bad thing! Once you get used to thinking that eating in front of your crush will become a natural thing and you will no longer have to worry. (Food good).
- Imagine if you someday got married! Would you never eat in front of him? Obviously, you would. (Thinking about marriage won’t make you nervous in front of your crush. Nope).
- Try not to eat anything that will give you bad breath, major turn off. (What, no garlic & onion pizza?)
- Try to take small bites WAY more ladylike and appealing (Is belching considered un-ladylike?)
- Make sure you’re not shoveling food into your mouth like a pig or chewing with your mouth open and making a mess or anything that really should be embarrassing (Bottom line: Food = good. Pig = bad. Bacon = best)