Thanks to Lydia for the great questions!
1. What is your best Scrabble word?
I’m terrible at Scrabble, so, as lame as it is, my best word is probably “quit.” “Quiet” would be better, but I never seem to have the “e” when I need it. A close runner up is “axe.” You need that extra point for the “e”!
2. Would you attend a party with many fascinating people you have never met if you had to attend alone?
I think so. I would want to go, and know I would kick myself for not going, but mustering up the courage to walk into a party alone would not be easy. I won’t do a lot of things alone: eat at a restaurant, go to the movies, go to a bar, etc. I have a bad habit of talking to myself out loud, and that makes me the creepy girl muttering to herself at the table in the corner. But, I think I could pull it together to go to a party alone, if I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t.
3. What is your favorite special feature on a DVD?
The deleted scenes. I like to see if they would have made the movie better or worse if they had made it in. Nine time out of ten it would be worse. Those movie makers are smart.
4. If you were to add a 13th month into the year, where would you put it and what would you call it?
Hmmm…this is a good one! I think I’d put it in between May & June. That way it would be warm, but not too hot. You could go to the beach at night with a sweatshirt, and there would be an extra month of baseball and cookouts. I’d name it Geoff, because I like that name, its short and can be abbreviated to Geo, which is kind of cool.
5. Would you take 5 months off to travel the world if you only had a 50/50 chance of being employed when you got back?
No. I’m not a risk taker like that, although I envy people who can do that. Maybe before, when I didn’t own a house. Now, keeping this house is probably the biggest responsibility I have right now now, and I don’t think I could risk losing it for a five monthvacation. Plus, as cliche as it sounds, with the economy the way it is right now, I’m just happy to have a job, and am desperately trying not to screw it up and lose it. I want to say yes, but I know I wouldn’t do it. Being a grown up is hard.
Bored and looking for ways to pass your day? Care to play along?
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.