I was going to write the traditional New Year’s blog about my resolutions, but I realized that I did that last year and accomplished almost none of them. Ooopsie. I’m too smart to do that again! Instead, I thought I’d reflect on the highlights of 2008:
- Sadly left TAC for a new job at BAC. After months of talking to myself in my cube, I have friends at BAC. Its not quite the same as TAC, but almost every day I find something about it that makes me like my job a bit more (this excludes the months of September & October when work was just not good for anyone in my industry). And, I’ve kept this job for almost a year, which is good and a trend that I hope continues through 2009.
- As you know, J & I bought our first house, and we have no regrets at all. Some days I just sit here and think: how did I get so lucky have such an awesome house? Then the oil bill comes and I cry. Seriously, I think we’ve done a decent job of being homeowners. We haven’t attempted any major renovations, but I think we’ve made a nice home.
- J & I celebrated two years of being married on 12/2. Now, I know two years isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things, but marriage is an adjustment and a lot of work, and two years of being happy seems like a good start to me!!! J cooked a lovely dinner, bought me flowers, and started a fire (his new favorite thing to do), and we went out to dinner the weekend after.
- As you all know, Barrack Obama was voted in as our new president, a historical event and one I hope will change America for the better.
- I turned 30 and didn’t cry about it too much. I had an awesome party with lots of keg Coors Light, so that helped ease the pain a bit.
- I went to three great weddings, got a new “niece” who is adorable and awesome, and attended too many fun birthday parties to count.
Overall, 2008 was a good year. Maybe not the most exciting year on record, but we stayed happy, healthy & employed, so that’s all that really matters. Here’s hoping 2009 brings more of the same, but with a Caribbean vacation thrown in there as well!