Remember when I said I was going to do a monthly recap? And I did one, and then I forgot about it. Its never too late to re-live August!
- It was hot. I don’t like being hot. I especially don’t like being hot and walking to the train. Did I mention I still don’t have a car? And it was really hot, and I was really not happy. The people who had to sit next to me and my sweat on the train also were not happy, I’m sure.
- My brother bought a deep fryer. So far, we have successfully fried the following: tater tots, chicken wings, chicken fingers, jalapeño poppers, corn dogs, hush puppies, potato chips, mozzarella sticks, zucchini, ravioli, peanut butter cups, Snickers, Baby Ruths, Milky Ways, and a whole slice of cheesecake. Mostly in one afternoon. There have been no known frying injuries, despite some drunk frying and drunk flinging of items into the fryer.
- Restaurant Week in Boston added to the tightness of my pants. My college friends and I hit up a little restaurant in the North End, where I had some lovely baby cow. Then we played Wine Bottle Ouija, a very complex method of choosing wine. Other criteria included Red and cheap.
- I went to the beach and danced outside. That’s what summer is really all about.
- I had lobsters that were sadly handicapped (one claw) yet still tasty. They didn’t want to race across the patio, but they didn’t scream when boiled either. (PETA would love this post, by the way).
- I read some good books that I promise to write about on the What I’m Reading Page. I think my favorite was A Prayer for Owen Meany.
- And, of course, there was the fabulous trip to Florida. There’s no better way to end a summer than floating in a pool with a beer in hand. Life is good.
(I appear to have lost my spell check button. Apologies for typos)