I’ve had a heck of a couple of weeks. Work has been crazy – I put in 145 hours in two weeks. I slept at work on a Friday night. I ate a ton of bad food. I’m now trying to regain my life back, and have learned that I don’t adjust to change all that well, which was made clear by the fact I forgot to pay my bills due 2/1. Ooops.
Anyways, I’ve been dying to blog, but too fried to complete long thoughts, so I give you my favorite: a bulleted list of nothingness!
- I asked J last night if he would get one of those giant window decals on the truck in remembrance of me if I died. He said he’d get a tattoo instead. When I asked him what it would be of, he said “You initials. And a double-decker taco.” I was flattered.
- I ran a really cold, really windy 10k yesterday in 57:30. I was happy with my time, not so happy with the blisters I got on my blisters. So, I marched over to City Sports today and bought Vibram Five Fingers. It was quite a sight to see me trying to get my tiny baby toe in them. Trying them out tomorrow. By the way, the salesman said they sell more VFFs than any other shoe, so I’m not the only one with ugly shoes!
- Did I tell you we got a Wii? I love it, although Super Mario Brothers is hard. Particularly with four drunk people playing and pushing each other off of ledges.
- I’m going to Vegas with J and some friends. I’m also running a half marathon with a lot of hills, which my brother says is a perfectly good way to ruin a trip to Vegas.
- I made these wonderful cookies this weekend. They were awesome.
- Dear fellow MBTA commuters: The correct side to walk on is the right. Always. Try it, and we’ll all be a little more happy.
- And, while we’re at it: Dear fellow runners: Taking corners so tightly that you almost take out a race official and the runner next to you will not really improve your 9 minute mile that much. You’re not going to win – get over yourself.
Phew, that felt better. Hopefully I’ll be blogging a bit more and working a bit less soon.