Tell us about a blog post that you didn’t publish.
I went through my drafts to see what I’ve never posted, and came across this one about J (creatively titled: All About J). I’m not sure why I never posted it – maybe we got in a tiff and I didn’t want to be publicly nice to him. Maybe I had something “better” to post that day. Or maybe, I just didn’t really feel like what I had written did him justice. It can be really hard to put into words what you love about your partner, the person who knows you better than anyone else, who sees you at your best and worst, who stands by you even when times are tough. Writing the things I love about J almost seemed trite, like it wasn’t enough. I think that’s why I never posted this – I just couldn’t get it right enough to put out there.
I realized that I haven’t blogged about the most important person in my life: J. Most of you know him, know how we met, what we do, but you may not know the reasons I love him. Here are a few:
– he spends a good part of his spending money to get me gold dollar coins to pay for train parking
– when I crossed the finish line at the marathon, he was jumping up and down, cheering, and taking pictures
– he takes his electric blanket off and gives it to me when he’s cold
– he makes a fabulous turkey gobbling sound
– he’s a really good cook, and always tries to keep it healthy for me
– he doesn’t mind listening to me sing along with OAR in the car, over and over again
– he brings me scratch tickets. When I lose, he lets me scratch his too
– he used to be really shy around my friends. Now, they’re just as much his friends as they are mine